The Programs Coordinator is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director and to the Associate Director/Director of Content to coordinate the Academy of American Poets’s live events, prizes, work with the Board of Chancellors, and education initiatives.
- Organize live programming and events: Poets Forum, Fall Conversation Series, AWP Reading, Blaney lecture, an April poetry reading, and other special celebrations of poets, including curating, handling logistics, serving as contact person for poets, venues, and other outside partners
- Coordinate promotional deadlines with Advertising & Marketing Coordinator on all event promotion; lead social media that does not concern ticket sales, but has a content angle
- Review and approve events submitted by other literary organizations for listings on Poets.org
- Document events organizing information and outcomes/attendance figures on our Wiki
- Assist in the administration of eight major awards: processing submissions; coordinating nominating and voting; supervising readers; corresponding with entrants, judges, publishers, and donors
- Administer University & College Poetry Prize Program: corresponding with donors and school sponsors, distributing contest materials
- Collect materials on all award winners and pass them on to content staff
- Ensure that guidelines for all awards are up-to-date on the site and our Wiki
- Ensure that prize winners are up-to-date on Poets.org (Academy page and the poets’ pages)
- Lead social media about prize-winners
- Work with the Development & Membership Coordinator to arrange mailings to Academy members of prize-winning books
- Maintain the College Prize Salesforce database and post the winners’ poems online in coordination with the Associate Director/Director of Content
- Read submissions for the Whitman Award, as possible. Coordinate readers for this prize.
- Assist with Chancellor communications, and the annual Chancellors meeting.
- Lead social media about Chancellors.
- Ensure that present and past Chancellor pages on Poets.org are updated.
- Coordinate the Dear Poet project, including working with freelancer on videos by arranging logistics to facilitate Chancellors participation, reading and selecting submissions to feature on Poets.org.
- Assist the Associate Director/Director of Content with the Educator Newsletter, weekly Teach This Poem email, posting lesson plans and other Education-related content on Poets.org, Educator meet-ups as needed.
- Lead social media about our Education programs.
- Respond to phone, email, and written queries about the awards and events.
- Review and/or identify National Poetry Month events being offered by other literary organizations to highlight on Poets.org.
- Assist with other activities as needed.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.