This item is not currently available for purchase. For more information, email email@example.com.
1991. Introduced by J. D. McClatchy.
Readers of the virtuoso Anthony Hecht will be pleased to find in this reading a handful of poems from The Transparent Man, his sixth collection, which was nominated for the 1990 National Book Critics Circle Award.
Other selections on the recording come from Millions of Strange Shadows. As J. D. McClatchy says in his introduction, Anthony Hecht's work is possessed of "a singular integrity, a grave moral purpose that broods on humankind entangled with history, and a sense of art's rapturous responsibilities."
Length: 72 min.
1. Introduction by J. D. McClatchy
2. Introduction to "Still Life"
3. Still Life
4. Introduction to "The Feast of Stephen"
5. The Feast of Stephen
6. Introduction to "A Birthday Poem"
7. A Birthday Poem
8. Introduction to "Terms"
10. Introduction to "Riddles"
12. Introduction to "Chorus from Oedipus at Colonos"
13. Chorus from Oedipus at Colonos
14. Introduction to "In Memory of David Kalstone"
15. In Memory of David Kalstone
16. Introduction to "A Bountiful Harvest"
17. A Bountiful Harvest
18. Introduction to "Meditation"
20. The Transparent Man
21. Introduction to "The Book of Yolek"
22. The Book of Yolek