This item is not currently available for purchase. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1980. Introduced by Allen Planz.
Shortly before he won the 1982 Pulitzer Prize for his Selected Poems, Kinnell gave this gripping reading from Mortal Acts, Mortal Words.
Galway Kinnell is a wise and compassionate observer of the human world, and this recording is a definitive representation of his poetic achievements.
Length: 58 min.
1. Introduction by Allen Planz
2. First Song
3. Introduction to "The Porcupine"
4. The Porcupine
5. Introduction to "Little Sheepshead Sprouting Hair in the Moonlight"
6. Little Sheepshead Sprouting Hair in the Moonlight
7. Introduction to "Fergus Falling"
8. Fergus Falling
9. Introduction to "After Making Love We Hear Footsteps"
10. After Making Love We Hear Footsteps
11. Saint Francis and the Sow
13. Introduction to "Daybreak"
15. The Gray Heron
16. Blackberry Eating
18. Introduction to "There Are Things I tell to No One"
19. There Are Things I tell to No One
20. Flying Home
21. Blessing (by James Wright)
22. The Life (by James Wright)