Dignified is a heartsong here Harsh traverse of the unknown "Better to go down dignified" Ekes out constant What gives in us, or won't give (her smile seen once in the Red Café) Turns sparkless Into sparklers One "s" less One "r"
sign up to receive a new poem-a-day in your inbox
an endnote and love song:
SAUNA 89 (sweated by В. Шекспір)
1. And if you were to leave me for my faults
2. I'd not defend my lameness, walking halt
3. and from my trust I would elide your
4. name, I would not do you wrong and speak of you
5. and (love) I'd not look at our friends who say you do
6. not merit me Your name was sweet and is no more
7. I will not speak of you
8. nor will I walk again where we once walked
9. I will not let my tongue evoke your name.
10. Your name will not be named by me, lest I profane
11. I will not name you.
12. I will not speak (too much profane)
13. You gone, I could not love me more than you
14. and if you love me not at all I love me even less
15. But oh your name. It will not touch my mouth.
I will not ( trout ) name you.