Harold Morton Landon Translation Award Guidelines
- Books must be published in a standard edition (48 pages or more).
- Collaborations by up to two translators are eligible.
- Anthologies will not be considered.
- Self-published books are not accepted.
- Translators must be living American poets. A poet shall be considered American if he or she is either a citizen of the U.S. or has resided in the U.S. for the ten year period before the submission deadline.
- Only books published in the United States during 2014 are eligible for the 2015 prize.
- The Academy of American Poets agrees to purchase for distribution to its members copies of the winning book. The Academy may purchase additional copies of the book for its own use, but not for resale. No royalties will be paid to the author on the copies purchased by the Academy. The publisher agrees to make available to the Academy the number of copies requested and to sell the books at a special discount based on a percentage markup of the PPB (printing, paper, and binding) costs.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form signifying the publisher's acceptance of these guidelines.
- The decisions of the Academy of American Poets as to eligibility are final. Books will not be returned.
Publishers may send three copies of each book (no manuscripts) to:
The Harold Morton Landon Translation Award
Academy of American Poets
75 Maiden Lane, Suite 901
New York, New York 10038
For more information, please contact:
(212) 274-0343 x13